There are many reasons folks decide to move to a new home and community. Growing families need more space and good schools, retirees want to downsize and be able to walk everywhere, new employment opportunities arise, or people just want to live in a climate where there is no more snow to clear!
Whatever your reason for finding a new home, you may be reading this because you are curious about living in South Carolina and you love Lowcountry architecture and ambiance.
You may have also heard the buzz about South Carolina’s happiest town, Beaufort, and that Southern Living magazine voted Beaufort as the South’s Best Small Town, 2017.
Beaufort’s accolades also include its designation as “America’s Favorite Town” (Travel & Leisure magazine), and “America’s Coolest Small Town” (Budget Traveler Magazine). The New York Times included Beaufort in their 2016 piece about the 52 best places to visit in the whole world!
Nestled in this perfectly idyllic setting is Beaufort’s #1 Address, Celadon.
Selected as 2017’s Best of the Best by Ideal Living Magazine, Celadon is one of the best neo traditional communities showcased, receiving special recognition for its outstanding qualities, facilities, and programs.
Here are 15 reasons why you should consider making Celadon your next home:
- There is a home design to suit everyone. Celadon offers a diverse mix of single-family homes as well as lock and leave condominiums, or you can create a floor plan of your own in the charming Lowcountry style. You’re sure to find something to suit your family’s needs.
- You can walk everywhere if you like! Celadon is an example of a traditional neighborhood development, which provides easy access to everything. From your daily stroll to the community market, your quick jog to the wellness center, or your evening stroll to the park, Celadon makes being outside fun and easy.
- Convenience at the square. Celadon Square is a quaint commercial area that allows you to meet neighborhood friends at the market for coffee in the morning, catch up on the community happenings at the post office or work a few hours at your office in the Celadon Innovation Center. The square at Celadon makes life’s necessities a breeze
- You can play outside every day. Celadon has beautiful open spaces. Our thoughtfully planned parks, trails, and ponds make it fun to be outside year round.
- Celadon is designed for all ages. The Celadon Club Wellness Center is the focal point of the community. With a diverse mix of programming, social events and planned activities there is something for everyone in the family.
- You’ll stay healthy. The Celadon community revolves around a culture of wellness, and at its heart is the Celadon Club with its multi-million dollar Wellness Center. Our staff of certified trainers and class leaders works together to design a program that is tailor made for you. After your workout, you can enjoy a dip in the center’s junior Olympic size swimming pool or enjoy a rejuvenating Jacuzzi.
- Enjoy your neighborhood spa. Luxurious spa treatments are just a stroll away from home. Enjoy a variety of therapeutic massages and custom facial services. Our staff also provides waxing, organic spray tanning, and other services.
- Making friends is easy. You will get to know your neighbors at Celadon’s planned social community events. People walk more at Celadon, and with those inviting Lowcountry front porches everywhere, informal visits and friendly waves from passers by are the norm.
- You can go fishing. Three freshwater ponds provide a beautiful setting for fishing or even bird watching ventures, as they create a sanctuary for native wildlife. And for the more seasoned angler, the ocean, marsh, and miles of rivers are just minutes from your front door.
- The best medical care is nearby. Beaufort Memorial Hospital is minutes away. It is the largest hospital between Charleston SC and Savannah GA and in addition to everyday care, it features the renowned Keyserling Cancer Center.
- The climate is perfect. On average there are 216 sunny days a year! And no snow!
- You will never be bored. In the Lowcountry, proximity to the water means endless opportunities for fishing, crabbing, shrimping, boating, kayaking, and paddle boarding. Great shopping, countless volunteer organizations, and continuing education opportunities at USC Beaufort fill the rest of your time.
- The landscape is breathtaking. Sprawling live-oak trees festooned with fronds of Spanish moss line the streets. Indigenous Camellias, azaleas, gardenias, roses, and crepe myrtle grace many gardens and perfume the air with their sweet fragrance. The sunsets and sunrises streaming through the Spanish moss and over the salt marshes, paint dramatic pictures that are unique and unforgettable.
- Shopping in downtown Beaufort is the best. Farmer’s markets, gift shops, bookstores, handmade chocolates, elegant fashions, and home décor boutiques are just some of the offerings in this extraordinary town. You will never get tired of shopping in Beaufort.
- Food. Beaufort is a food lover’s paradise. From a fine dining date-night to a Lowcountry family BBQ, there is something for everyone. Beaufort’s talented chefs create local dishes fit to be served on white tablecloths or rustic picnic tables. No matter the venue, they choose the freshest ingredients. South Carolina waters are teeming with snapper and other finned fish, oysters, shrimp, and blue crab.
Chefs also frequent local farms to select the finest meats, cheeses, fresh vegetables, and fruit available. South Carolina is for food lovers.
If you would like to take a closer look at Celadon and Beaufort, we invite you to plan a Discovery Visit.
It’s like a mini vacation!
For only $299 you can enjoy two nights and three days in Beaufort at one of three favorite spots: The Rhett House Inn, The Cuthbert House Inn B&B, or the City Loft Boutique Hotel. Your stay includes a personal tour of Beaufort and Celadon.
Borrow bikes and cycle along the beach or enjoy Beaufort’s restaurants, shopping, galleries, and museums. We will even book a sunset wine cruise for you if you like.
Book your Discovery Visit now. Contact us at 843.379.9095 or use this link to our website.